Edge consists of the highest caliber talent around. Being “good” isn’t good enough to be on this team. The quality of our work and the results we put out there is what stops anyone from saying otherwise. If you are a tenacious, detail-oriented individual seeking every opportunity to push our clients up the ladder of success while having fun along the way, we’d love to speak with you.
Tax Accountant / CPA – Milwaukee Metro
Edge Advisors continues to experience unprecedented growth is adding experienced Tax Accountants in the Milwaukee metro market. Ideal candidates will be those who seek to have control over their income, autonomy with their book of business, flexible working hours, and the desire to be rewarded for their efforts.
As a Tax Accountant with Edge Advisors, you will be responsible for managing client relationships, preparing financial statements, analyzing data, and ensuring accuracy in all accounting processes. Candidates must have a strong background in tax planning and preparation and must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage client relationships
- Prepare financial statements and reports.
- Analyze financial data and create reports.
- Prepare and review tax returns.
- Maintain accurate financial records.
- Monitor and reconcile accounts.
- Provide advice on financial matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required
- 5+ years of public accounting experience
Edge Advisors provides a generous compensation package, 401(k) with a match, health insurance, paid time off, and the opportunity to work remote. For more information and to apply, please contact Kara Tess at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accounting Operations Manager
Edge Advisors is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant or Accounting Supervisor to join their Accounting team as an Accounting Operations Manager. The Accounting Operations Manager is a key role within business operations and will be responsible for leading the existing team of CPA’s and helping to grow the Accounting division. This position will operate at a strategic level to achieve business results and ensure client expectations are fulfilled. This position will be based out of the Appleton, WI office and will travel as needed, approximately 20% – 40%.
- Function as a leader and business partner with management and various team members to effectively ensure transactional timeliness, compliance and process controls.
- Lead, develop, and coach the Accounting team by providing clear expectations and feedback and recognition, participating in the interview and selection process, and providing training and support to the Accounting team.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable, Credit and Collections, Order Entry, and Payroll activities
- Lead and/or participate in prospect calls with accountants, as needed, in order to convert and onboard clients
- Represent transitions and accounting at various industry events
- Creates and communicates a long-term, strategic vision and implementation plan, according to growth intentions determined by the Managing Partners
- Works in collaboration with Transitions & Recruiting Division as needed to create and sustain integrated value
- As needed, will step into a production role to ensure smooth transitions and continued company growth
- Maintains and grows vendor partner relationships that aide in the growth of Edge Advisors
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership or a senior/lead role
- 3+ years progressive experience in a client-service oriented role
- 5+ years in tax & accounting / business development role
- Experience within the dental or medical industry preferred
- Expert understanding of and experience with A/P, A/R, order entry and payroll processing
- Proficient in use of accounting systems, implementation of financial practices, analysis and operating information to facilitate decision making and recommending actions to improve upon
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Possess high degree of integrity, sensitivity, and professionalism in dealing with Clients and confidential information
- Organizational and problem resolution skills
- Ability to deliver value in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of customer service skills and customer-centric focus
- Experience with MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
For more information contact Kara Tess