Andy Lehmkuhl founded Edge Advisors with a self-promise to build a company with a unique and outstanding offering for dentists and other healthcare and medical professionals back in 2010. Andy was born in Rhinelander, Wisconsin and spent most of his early years in Oconto Falls. After graduating from the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh with degrees in Marketing and Human Resources, Andy worked at developing dental networks in rural populations. He then gained 8 years experience as the Director of Professional Relations at Forward Dental, an affiliate of American Dental Partners, helping the group grow from 60 dentists to over 100 and more than doubling retention rates. It was here that his vision for a company that would cultivate transactions with a fresh and personable philosophy began.
Since starting Edge, Andy has transitioned over 150 dental practices, helped over 200 dentists find employment opportunities, valued over 200 dental offices and has consulted for dental practices as small as 2 employees to as many as 500. He has been invited to sit on many Boards of Directors, from the Wisconsin Dental Association Foundation to the Association of Army Dentistry. Andy has developed into the Midwest’s most trusted and knowledgeable consultant and dental transition specialist. In 2011 Edge added their first accountant, this department was soon followed by a variety of other services that Edge offers today. In 2014 Edge partners Marshall Watry and Andy co-founded Edge Wealth Advisors, in 2016 the partners then strategically sold their shares of the wealth management entity to refocus their attention back to Edge’s core business.
Through our team’s and Andy’s efforts, Edge has been a 2015 and 2016 Recipient of the prestigious Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce (MMAC) and Council of Small Business Executives (COSBE) Future 50 Award. In 2014 Andy was awarded the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) 40 Under 40 for his work in valuing dental and medical practices, and is a past member of the Institute of Business Appraisers (IBA).
When away from work, Andy spends time with his wife Jessica, daughter Emerson and son Wesley. The Lehmkuhls are proud to share their house with their German Shorthaired Pointers (Katie and Frank). Andy also enjoys traveling, carpentry, hunting, fishing, outdoors, hiking, coaching baseball, Wisconsin sports (Go Badgers, Brewers and Packers) and spending time at his cabin in Crivitz.
- Edge Advisors, LLC – President Dental Transitions – (2010 – Present)
- Board of Directors (2 Term) – The Association of Army Dentistry (2014 – Present)
- Board of Directors – Dental Black Book (2015-Present)
- Board of Directors (2 Term) – The Wisconsin Dental Association Foundation (2013 to 2017)
- Forward Dental – Director of Professional Relations (2002-2010)
- Doral Dental – Senior Network Development (2000-2002)
Accomplishments and Awards
- The National Society of Certified Healthcare Business Consultants - Member
- Recipient of the Metro Milwaukee Association of Commerce and Council of Small Business Executives (COSBE) ‘Future 50 Award’ (2-time winner 2015 & 2016)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts – 40 Under 40 (2014)
- Institute of Business Appraisers (IBA) – (2010-2013)
- Dr.Bicuspid.com (2015) – “Michael Jordan in a Swimming Pool”
- Dr.Bicuspid.com (2015) – “Accurate Framework Leads to Better Practice Valuation”
Past and Reoccurring Speaking Engagements
- Marquette University School of Dentistry – Practice Dynamics (2015-Present) “Dental Transitions and Associateships”
“As the course manager for the Practice Management Program at Marquette University’s Dental School, I have had the pleasure of working with the team at Edge Advisors. The Edge Advisors team engages our students with practice management and dental accounting material that improves the individual’s skill set and better prepares them for their dental career. I have heard nothing but positive feedback from our students on the presentations given by the Edge Advisors team. They have been an exceptional resource to the Practice Management Program at Marquette.” - Meghan Conger - Course Manager, Practice Dynamics - Marquette University School of Dentistry
- University of Wisconsin – School of Veterinary Medicine (2016-Present) “Stepping Stones to Clinic Transitions”
“I approached Edge Advisors looking for a full-service business management team to present at my annual “Veterinarian’s Conference on Practice Management.” I was looking for presenters that would give good practical information in an unbiased manner – and boy did they deliver! The result was phenomenal! The presentations they gave received excellent reviews from our conference attendees. From the program’s evaluations, 100% of the attendees agreed or strongly agreed that: Edge Advisor’s presentations were unbiased; attendees will be able to use what was taught by Edge Advisors; AND all attendees thought that the program was worth their time and money spent. You can’t get better feedback than that! We’ll be inviting this team back for future presentations.” – Kathy Nelson – Director of Continuing Education – University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine
- Marquette University School of Dentistry – Senior Curriculum (Dr. Bob Morris & Dr. Nic Shane) (2003-2011) “Dental School to Dentistry – Transitions and Associateships”
- The Productive Dentist Academy – 2011 New Orleans “Dental Transitions”
- Patterson Dental Supply Education Days – (2013 through Present) Dental Transition/Associateship
Past Wisconsin Dental Component Society Presenter, including
- Washington/Ozaukee County Dental Society
- Jefferson County Dental Society
- Winnebago County Dental Society Brown/Door/Kewaunee Dental Society
- Outagamie County Dental Society
- Racine County Dental Society
- Burlington Dental Society
- Kenosha County Dental Society
- Northern Wisconsin Dental Society
- Sauk/Juneau/Adams County Dental Society
- Southwestern District Dental Society
- La Crosse District Dental Society
- Marinette/Oconto County Dental Society
- Columbia/Dodge/Marquette County Dental Society
Past Dental Schools and Residency Programs Presenter, including
- Marquette University SOD
- University of Iowa College of Dentistry
- University of Minnesota SOD
- UNMC College of Dentistry – Nebraska
- UIC – Rush Hospital Residency
- Northwestern Residency
- Marquette University – AEGD
- Meritor Hospital – Residency
- Minneapolis Veterans Affairs – GP
- “Wealth obtained by fraud dwindles, but the one who gathers by labor increase it.” — Proverbs 13:11
- “It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God” — Mark 10:25
- “Here’s how I’m going to beat you. I’m going to outwork you. That’s it. That’s all there is to it.” — Pat Summitt
Fun Facts about Andy
- Andy has webbed toes – and unfortunately doesn’t swim any better than a normal toed person.
- He has hiked Zion National Park’s famous attractions: The Narrows and Angels Landing with his wife and kids.
- He has sky dived and bungee jumped.
- Favorite vacation was a trip to San Pedro, Belize (but he has a trip to Alaska schedule which may top this one).
- Favorite musicians are Neil Young, Crosby, Still and Nash, the Beatles and Led Zeppelin.